Friday, March 6, 2015

March Update Letter


Life update:
I want to start to say thank you for supporting me for the past couple years and being there every step of the way in the midst of the messiness. I am so thankful for this experience of trying to raise support to go to college because it opened my eyes to how many people are always praying for me and supportive in my walk and actually believe in me, that God would do amazing things in my life. This month has been amazing because I been allowing God do whatever you wants in my life with hands wide open.
I had the privilege of hearing people stories and life struggles. It has open my eyes to see people struggles and strength and understand where they are coming from. I been able to hear the stories from the other students in this school and a lot of the youth that are involved in the open gym that I run with some of the guys from school.
It has been difficult for me to settle down and focus on my studies. While at the same time, I want to walk life with the guys in the open gym. A lot of the guys come from the same background. They come from broken homes, where their dad doesn’t play a role in their life, never had somebody in their lives to point them to the right direction and invest love in them. It reminds me, that I was in the same shoes less than 4 years ago until I accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior and the church became family to me.
In my class for Race, Poverty and Social injustice has thought me to much how to deal with the current struggles that minorities face in a daily process like racial comments, being intimating by skin color (I don’t understand), being a minority in a school that is mostly white.
In that class, today I meet a guy named Juan Prez, the founder that created a ministry that focuses on taking people out of poverty and make sure they never return to that state. I was able to have dinner with him and he offered me a 9 week internship that would give me $1,500 and would cover cost expenses and food. I told him to sent me more information and to give some time to pray about the opportunity.
Finical update:
Currently, I owe $11,354 in my student loan that I took to come to Moody. I am not worried because God has and will provide for all my needs.  I am applying at a couple places trying to pay back my loan as soon as possible. During spring break, I will be working as a delivery driver and try to pick up some jobs here and there. Also applying at other jobs.
Prayer request::
For God to keep me on working me and teaching about sacrifice by living for him and not for myself anymore.
To keep on softening my hearts towards my dad and for God to heal the scars that he has made on my heart.
For me to find a Job
To help me become that man that God wants me to be instead of what people want me to be.
In the midst of the good and bad times to trust on God and find my peace only through him
Mary-she has some health issues that God would heal her and feeling like He is comforting her.
For what God wants me to do in life
For God to keep developing relationships with people that are same and different from me
Daily Blog:
Where to donate if wanted:
            http://www.gofundme.com/j8iu04
 

No comments:

Post a Comment